|Improvised individual cherry cheesecake|
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 2 hours 10 mins
Few ingredients, tasty, simple individual cherry cheesecake. Would work just as well with any frozen berries.
- 4 Digestive biscuits
- 30 grams butter
- 100 grams cream cheese
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- tablespoon icing sugar
- frozen cherries
- caster sugar
- Crush the biscuits, melt the butter, combine, and press into the bottom of two wine glasses.
- Mix the cream cheese with the lemon juice and zest and add the icing sugar. Beat until smooth. Check the taste for sweetness and add more icing sugar if necessary. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit base and chill.
- Add a glug of kirsch to the frozen cherries in a saucepan and add a tablespoon or so of sugar. Boil them up until they are beginning to take on the consistency of jam. Allow to cool slightly then divide the mix between the two cheesecakes.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Dead simple recipe made up as I went along. Presented using a fancy new plugin that will apparently make the recipe appear hot to Google. I took a photo but it looked awful.