I think I neglected my planned annual New Year’s post about my solar panel performance. ((I say annual, I think I’ve only managed it twice before.))
For much of the last year, I’ve not been able to get screenshots off the computer gizmo that duplicates the controller in the airing cupboard.
Turns out, once the room was tidied up a bit and I could track the cables back, that the Cat 5 cable that comes out of the airing cupboard to the nerve centre had just dropped out of the back of the router.
But from the graph I can pull now, it looks like we got the best part of of 3,600 kWh in both 2008 and 2009.
And the good news seems to be that we’ve already had as much sun by mid-August than we had in the whole of the last two years.
August has been pretty crummy this year – or at least, has matched torrential downpours with short sharp bursts of sun. (Which makes getting the leaflets out fun)
But we did have some really good weeks in May and June that seemed to have a made an impact on the bottom line on the solar front.
And 3,600 kWh worth of gas would have been another £140 or so, if I’m doing the multiplication correctly based on Nottingham Energy Partnership’s energy cost comparison table.
Other posts about my solar panel: