Well!

I’d already got a lot out of the Dunfermline by-election — nice people, a stellar candidate, totty, as  mentioned previously.
But a win as well?  16% swing against Labour in their heartland?  Winning the seat the Chancellor lives in?  Wiping the silly grin off the shiny new Tory leader’s face by proving we can thrash them in a by-election when we don’t even have a leader and we’ve spent the campaign suffering erm, unfortunate, publicity?

Plus shedloads of cash on my bet?

Priceless!

6 comments on “Well!

1. StephenGlenn says:

Wow. I’ve been too busy on the campaign to keep a track of all the blogs I reckon that counting pink dog that makes 5 bloggers were in or around the camapign over the last weekend.

Just back in from the celebrations. Still a smile as big as the Forth Bridge.

2. Murky.org says:

Dunfermline by-election…

After what can only be described as a disasterous few months from the Lib Dems, the result of the Dunfermline by-election is something with which Willie Rennie can be very proud. Just yesterday, the betting was all on Labour. Willie……

3. Stephen says:

A good result – just shows what can be achieved through hard work on the ground, and concentrating on the issues that matter to the voters rather than the media.

Hope you sleep late this morning – you’ve earned it.

4. Jon A says:

I am now absolutely kicking myself for not taking your hint a couple of days back and putting a bet on myself..it was only indolence that stopped me..out of interest what were the odds like?

5. Alan says:

It was a cracking victory!! Brilliant!

6. niles says: