Presidential candidate REVEALED

Don’t ask me why I was happening to browse Wikipedia’s Charlotte Church entry, but I was, and a line leapt out at me:

In 2006 media reported that Church was considering standing for the Presidency of the Liberal Democrats.

Strangely, this doesn’t appear to be attributed, which is against WP’s rules.

I wasn’t aware that Charlotte Church had been a member of the Lib Dems for the requisite period of time. And how has she found the support of 50 conference reps?

But is the lovely Welsh lass the mystery person who applied to get the ballot papers?

I’m on the record as wanting a president who isn’t London-based, or already a Parliamentarian, and we haven’t had a woman for a while… but do we really need another ex-chorister with a reputation for drink problems?

8 comments on “Presidential candidate REVEALED

1. Will says:

I have left a note for the person who added it asking for a source.

2. niles says:

I haven’t done much of this WP editing – although I see from your contrib page that you’ve done buckets! – but shouldn’t you just have flagged it ‘citation needed’ ?

3. Will says:

I thought about it, but rules for living people are stricter than for other articles because of the added risks of offence/libel. I did a quick search for a source and didn’t find one, so out it came. There’s nothing stopping a sourced version being reinstated.

4. Peter Black says:

It is still there as far as I can see. How do you find out who put it there? Can we have details please?

5. Stephen says:

Niles’ link appears to take you to the version of the article as it was when he looked. Click on the “article” tab at the top, and you get the current LibDem-free version. Or follow this link.

6. Will says:

Peter, you can use the History tab to see who edited the article and what changes they made.

7. StephenGlenn says:

Just as long as this doesn’t turn out to beopne of her faking it style slots on her Friday night show.